Best Blogger Tips

Banner

-

Apr 2, 2013

Thriving Again


To understand the name of this pink hibiscus beauty, you have to read my earlier post "Laika's Pink". I pruned this plant before the winters arrived as it was attacked by mealy bugs. I trimmed to an extent which eventually made me feel guilty as it took really long to blossom again. Hibiscus is a root bound plant and should be grown in mid sized containers which ensure high number of blooms. Mealy bugs are a real threat. For me rubbing surgical alcohol and water 1:1 works really good on mealy bugs. I use my home made Kitchen waste compost for its nutritional needs (Tutorial-kitchen.waste.compost The only answer for "how to care for hibiscus" is feeding with potassium. I prepare a potassium compost for my hibiscus  with banana peals.  Simple and organic..

This spring has come with a lot of blooms on Laika's Pink. Here I am posting the first few captures of this spring blooms in the sweet memory of my dear Laika. You are always in my heart.. and I miss you always. I am sure you are happy in the heaven sitting next to GOD.. and asking him for bananas as you did to us. :) May your soul RIP.....







Contents of this blog / published on any of it’s pages is copyrighted and the sole property of the author of this blog and copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of the content published on this blog without the prior written consent of the author is strictly prohibited.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    Feel free to visit my webpage play roulette now

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year